FreeJ2ME is a collection of free mobile applications that I wrote to make my life easier.
I hope that you find something that you can use or if you have an idea and would like to share it I may write it.
If you find these applications useful please make a donation and help to keep them going.
Or clicking on the adverts or installing the excellent Firefox browser or Google tools applications. I get a tiny kick back for each one, that helps me feed my children :-)
We just created a web app for SuperSaverMama that allows them to list coupons on their blog, you can take a look here:
- 16th November 2017 - We built a special plugin for ArticlesTeller that allow to host coupons on Wordpress blog sites, this is the URL where it was used first: Best Marley Spoon Voucher Codes: Best Marley Spoon Voucher Code - $35 OFF (You can't miss it) - ArticlesTeller
- You can now also buy juvederm from the Hyaldirect app which we created for them.
- 18th January 2017 - Our partner's app texting app, "Handcent Next SMS" is featured on 7 best free texting apps (Articles Teller).
- 12th December 2016 - Updated We were asked by the Swiss company to build unique app for their users that allows them to buy dermal fillers online and some of their other showcased fillers.
- 27th November 2016 - Updated We made an automatic app for booking online appointment on Kryolipolyse in München for Joveoderm clinic.
- 12th February 2009 - Updated Travel Chum to include transation of languages. I have also added a few other things as well that I have found useful over the last couple of years.
- 23rd June 2007 - Updated Travel Chum so that the weather works again - format slightly changed on bbc web site which caused a problem to the rss reading code.
- 29th May 2007 - Updated World Clock with new themes, cities and ability to scroll faster through multiple clocks. You can display just one clock at a time and cycle through all the clocks with a click of the fire button (or 5) rather than scrolling through each one which can be time consuming - Thanks to Dino for the idea and the testing!
- 16th March 2007 - Updated Travel Chum with LIVE football scores and results. Also included some changes to the train information so that it copes with platform information. There are now two really silly games in the application as well.
- 8th February 2007 - Updated Travel Chum so that the Weather links work again...just when you need it, it goes and fails....
- 5th February 2007 - Updated Travel Chum with TV Listings for tomorrow, UK stock quotes from Yahoo! and a FreeJ2ME feed
- 2nd February 2007 - Updated Travel Chum with UK TV Listings
- 26th January 2007 - New application Travel Chum released.
- 1st December 2006 - Finally updated World Clock to allow for multiple cities! Thanks to everyone who helped me out testing this I know that loads of you wanted it, sorry it took so long. I have also added a new theme called "Bond".....
- 24th September 2006 - New game Scramble released.
- 23rd September 2006 - I am going to release another version of World Clock soon with all your additional cities but I am trying to get multiple clocks working correctly and to be honest its not going too well :-(
- 23rd September 2006 - Updated Train to work again. The tinkers keep changing their web site!
- 23rd August 2006 - Son number two and child number three born! Welcome to the world Dominic.
- 29th December 2005 - Updated Pocket Portfolio with a new menu system and some minor bug fixes.
- 21st October 2005 - New look and feel website release - thanks to The Well Dressed Goat!.
- 2nd September 2005 - Panic over! I have updated the Train application so that it works with the new version of national departure boards.
- 6th July 2005 - Updated Train with some bug fixes. Updated World Clock with some bug fixes. New version of Pocket Portfolio to include a UK and US version so you do not have to mess around with the URL settings, which can be a bit of a hastle.
- 22nd June 2005 - Updated Train with some bug fixes. Thanks to Phil Jobling for finding the problem and helping to solve it. The data being passed back, from some service providers, can be compressed with all the whitespace being removed, unfortunatly I expected there to be some whitespace in the response resulting in no data being displayed even though the comms had workded successfully. I have fixed this now and hopefully it will work better. At Phil's suggestion I have now included the version number on the main page.
- 8th May 2005 - Updated World Clock to include a manual override if the clock calculations are incorrect. This can happen with certain kinds of phones and provides a simple way to get the application back in sync. To set a time offset override go to the Settings page and scroll to the bottom to find the fields. Many thanks to Binoy and Scott for telling me about the error, helping me fix it and testing the solution.
- 10th April 2005 - Released World Clock. Over 200 cities and day light saving calculated and applied, it also includes several built in themes. Thanks to Mike Alexander for suggesting that I should write this application.
- 24th March 2005 - Updated Train so that you can monitor the communication in case of problems. There is now a log page under the about page, that gives communication details. Station messages are now shown within the devices width (so you don't have to scroll to read the whole message).
- 23rd March 2005 - Updated Train to make sure that the station key code is uppercase.
- 16th March 2005 - Updated Pocket Portfolio to allow pounds and pence fields rather than just pounds for book cost and bank account balance fields.
- 16th March 2005 - Updated both Train and Pocket Portfolio to have an "About" page that contains information about the amount of data transmitted to and from the server.
- 9th March 2005 - Web site launched!